Laser Hair Removal
Although there are many methods you can use to remove unwanted body hair, most of them are tedious and only remove hair for a short period of time. Many can also leave you with skin nicks, ingrown hairs, and skin bumps. With the laser hair removal services that we offer at Sol Laser, you can eliminate the hassles associated with traditional forms of hair removal and finally achieve long-lasting results.
Laser hair removal uses the power of a concentrated laser beam that passes through the skin and targets the hair follicles. The pigment within the hair follicle absorbs the light, which causes damage to the targeted follicles. This process can slow the growth of hair and can prevent hair from growing in the treated areas.
The laser will only target the hair follicles and will not cause damage to your skin. To protect your skin and minimize any discomfort felt during the procedure, we use instruments that feature a cooling device at the tip. The device can also treat numerous hair follicles at once, which can significantly reduce your total treatment time.
At your first laser hair removal treatment, you can expect a noticeable reduction in the amount of hair. You will likely need additional treatments before you experience permanent results. Although you should avoid sun exposure to the treated areas, there is no downtime associated with the procedure.
Sol Laser, your Michigan laser hair removal specialist, is proud to offer the Candela GentleLase Pro laser, which is the gold standard laser that produces a larger beam of highly concentrate light. The light emitted is well absorbed by pigment located in the hair follicles. During the procedure, the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, allowing the hair to absorb the light and heat up. As it heats up, the hair shaft and bulb are damaged which significantly impedes its ability to regrow. With the large spot size of this laser, the process treats numerous hair follicles simultaneously, making the treatment much faster than traditional alternatives. The Candela GentleLase Pro laser is faster, virtually painless, and more effective.
The lasers are FDA approved to safely and effectively disable hair in the active growth stages. In order to achieve optimal results multiple treatments will be required. The most common areas treated for men and women are: legs, bikini, brazialian, upper lip, under arms, back, shoulders, neck, and full face. We are able to treat any body area.
Before your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- Please shave the entire area you desire to have treated the day before your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF30 or greater sunblock before and after your treatments. No natural or artificial tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, alpha or beta hydroxyl acids, toners or any irritating creams for one week prior to your treatment.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant, or makeup to the desired area the day of your treatment.
After your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to sunburn. You may use Tylenol and apply cool packs.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/saunas/Jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, apply ointment twice daily to keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment:
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to two weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle, and is not new growth.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment.
- Your session typically is scheduled in four weeks for facial areas, six weeks for torso and eight weeks for below the waist. Interruption of this schedule may cause less than optimal results.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or plucking is to be avoided between sessions, however shaving is encouraged.